Understanding Anatomy And Physiology A Visual Auditory Interactive Approach 2nd Edition By Thompson –
Chapter 1: Orientation to the Human Body
Match the name of each organ system to its key components.
|a.||integumentary system||g.||nervous system|
|b.||skeletal system||h.||endocrine system|
|c.||muscular system||i.||circulatory system|
|d.||lymphatic system||j.||digestive system|
|e.||respiratory system||k.||male reproductive system|
|f.||urinary system||l.||female reproductive system|
- Consists of stomach, small and large intestines, liver, and pancreas
- Consists of skin, hair, and nails
- Consists of kidneys, ureters, urinary bladder, and urethra
- Consists primarily of skeletal muscles
- Consists of heart, arteries, veins, and capillaries
- Consists of brain, spinal cord, nerves, and sense organs
- Consists of ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus, vagina, and breasts
- Consists of pituitary gland, adrenals, pancreas, and thyroid
- Consists of lymph nodes, lymphatic vessels, lymph, thymus, and spleen
- Consists of the nose, pharynx, larynx, trachea, bronchi, and lungs
Match each term to its definition.
- Toward the back of the body
- Farthest from the point of origin
- At or near the body’s surface
- Toward the body’s midline
- Closest to the point of origin
- Toward the front of the body
Match each term to its location on the body.
- Lower back
- Sole of the foot
- Front of elbow
- Which organ system produces immune cells and has a role in fluid balance?
- Which organ system protects organs, allows for support and movement, and also plays a key role in blood formation?
- Which type of tissue covers the body’s surface?
- Bone, cartilage, and adipose tissue are all types of
- The type of plane that divides the body horizontally into upper and lower portions is called a
- Most illustrations that show the contents of the abdominal cavity use what type of plane?